Overview
Hackajob is an online recruitment  platform that allows companies to hire
technical talent  through a combination of  job-specific challenges and data and human intelligence. During my 2 month contract I developed the UX strategy, conducted user and competitive research and Lean UX measurable experiments
to deliver quick improvements in the company's KPIs. I also developed a new
styleguide and revamped the UI of both the platform and the marketing website.
UX Process
Since Hackajob's platform is online and we had the ability to push
changes frequently we decided to build our process based on Lean UX.
We conducted weekly experiments, beginning with a brainstorming session and the
formation of testable hypotheses. We then followed with the creation of MVPs and
prototypes which we later implemented and measured the results. Often in addition
to quantitative testing we conducted qualitive usability tests to find out why users were making certain actions.
Before we began our first sprint, we gathered the team together and developed a number of Lean user personas to help us always keep our user's needs in mind when coming up with hypotheses. The difference of Lean personas is that they are mainly based on assumptions which are validated or invalidated by testing and talking to users.
To run our experiments we conducted a series of design studios and team ideation sessions. At the beginning of each week after we defined and prioritised our problem statements we began by brainstorming features on sticky notes, grouping them based on affinity and then turning them into testable hypotheses. Once we decided on a hypothesis we conducted a design studio during which we explored various different interface approaches to achieve our goal. This harnessed the unique skills of everyone in the team while also boosting the sense of team ownership.
The results of the design studio were never definitive. As the designer of the team it was my responsibility to translate our common understanding and suggestions into meaningful and usable designs. I began by exploring further the sketches produced during the design studio, then wireframing a potential solution, testing it with the team or users and then iterating until we felt the design was ready to be pushed online and validated quantitatively.
Sprint Example
The above example illustrates a weekly sprint we conducted to improve a metric in the employers' side of the platform. In our IPM we went through the analytics and we discovered that the initial reply rate of employers to candidates wasn't at an optimal level. We reviewed the candidate feed page (where the employers decide wether will interview a candidate) and identified some issues that might have been affecting the user experience and thus resulting in a low conversion. We brainstormed a number of hypotheses and then reached out to the customer success specialists who had regular contact with clients (and were noting down their complaints) and validated one of our assumptions; the fact that the users needed to open new tab for every candidate's profile they needed to review, was a frustrating experience. After deciding on the hypothesis we would focus on, we ran a design studio with the whole product growth team (lead developer, marketing executive, CEO and me) to come up with potential solutions on how to create an experience that would allow employers to review the candidates within a single page. After the design studio I began the design process, by creating wireframes which I iterated multiple times based on internal and user feedback. At the end of the week we pushed the change online and started measuring its performance. After 2 weeks we were happy to see that metrics had significantly improved.
                        Iterations of an experiment to increase a metric on the employers' side of the platform
Samples of high fidelity
deliverables
In addition to improving the experience of the platform and the website, I also developed a new modern styleguide and delivered high fidelity UI designs.